Is your home full of clutter? Are you constantly frustrated because you can’t seem to keep your home clean and tidy? These things happen to the best of us and it is usually due to a “do it later” attitude that most people are not even aware of. Whether you need to clean up the kids cloths, put the clean dishes away or do the dirty laundry, if you often say “I’ll do it later.”, you are contributing to the clutter that is causing you so much stress. Luckily there are a few simple things that you can do to help eliminate this problem from your life for good.
A few simple ways that you can cut down on clutter are:
- Put things back after you are done using them.
- Take misplaced items back where they belong when you travel from room to room.
- Pick things up when they fall.
- Wash dirty dishes and utensils right away or place them directly into the dishwasher once you are finished with them.
- Clean up spills when they happen, don’t let them sit.
- Fold clothes as soon as they come out of the laundry, then put them away.
- Teach the rest of your family to clean up after themselves so that you don’t have to.
- Make a list of simple clean up chores for everyone to do once a day or once a week.
- Get rid of things that you just don’t need (old magazines, newspapers, plastic grocery bags, ect.)
The basic premise here is not to put things off until later. After all, those of you who are currently dealing with a clutter problem most likely already know that that is how it started to begin with. Take a few extra minutes several times a day and save yourself a huge headache later on. Remember to do it now and not later to avoid cluttering up your home.